Question
Posted by: Tina | 2012/08/17

Difficult marriage times

Hi doctor,
I am at my wits end and do no longer know what to do. My husband seems to work all the time ( some days up to 9 pm) and does not appear to be Interested in me anymore. Unfortunately, I have serious health issues and had to resign my job because of them (was bitten by a violin spider). How do we fix this? We have been together for nearly 18 years
5

Maybe if he is for good reasons having to work very long hours, he doesn't have much time or energy left to be interested in you or anything else. If his job isn't requiring him to work such long hours, then, supposing he is actually at work these extra hours, maybe he's just avoiding getting involved in the relationship by staying at work longer than he needs to. Or maybe if he is becoming depressed and stressed, he's working much more inefficiently, and needing to work for longer hours to just do what the others do but they finish in time.
Marriage counselling would surely be a really ood idea ?

1