Question
Posted by: Lynne | 2010/02/22

Difficult child

My daughter has very bad mood swings...she is all happy one minute and one thing can happen to upset her and she litterally freaks out completely...black and white...put her on vitamin b and omega 3 ...not sure why this is happening...please help..daughter is 15years old. Could she be hiding that she has been sexually active in some way?

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Lynne,

Mood swings are experienced by many adolescents, particularly around 14-15 years. This is often due to a combination of hormonal changes, and the increase in life stressors durin the teen years.

If you are concerned about whether she is sexually active or not I would suggest that you speak with her about relationships in general, including ways of keeping herself safe and her right to say no until she feels ready.

The age of consent for sex in RSA is 16 years.

1
Posted by: Teen expert | 2010/02/22

Hi Lynne,

Reply to Teen expert