Question
Posted by: d | 2009/12/19

differing sex drives

My wife and I have different sex drives, this at time leads to arguments. Please advise on how to handle this

Dear d,

Firstly it is important to state that a couple discovering that they have differences in their sex drives is one of the most universal and common experiences for couples. It is very rare that you find a couple that want sex equally as often, always at the same time of morning day or night and are equally comfortable with the full range of potential ways in which a couple can give and receive pleasure in their sexual encounters.

The best advise I can give is firstly accept this as a normal phenomenon and part of the journey of a couple needing to explore, communicate, negotiate and compromise with regards their naturally differing sexual needs until the couple acheives a middle ground that is satisfying to both.

A sex therapist coul also assist you as a couple in navigating this journey.

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2009/12/19

Dear d,

Reply to Sexologist