Question
Posted by: Jessica | 2010-10-14

Different types of contraceptives

Hello doc. I am 23 years old, married and definitely NOT ready for a baby! What contraceptive pill will be the most effective with the least side effects? I don''t want to put on tons of weight, become hairy or an emotional wreck. I''d prefer a pill to other contraceptives.

Hallo Jessica
The choice of the best contraceptive tablet for you is made by your doctor/gyne after considering your family history, history of any illnesses you had, a history of your menstruation cycles and a physical examination. He needs to check your blood pressure and usually a pap smear is taken. We usually start with the lowest dose contraceptives but may need to change it if you get break through bleeds.
Please see your gyne or GP for this very important visit.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-10-18

Hallo Jessica