Posted by: Tracy | 2011-08-29

Different dates

According to me I must be 9 weeks pregnant, but according to the ultrasound I''m about 11 weeks. Why the difference of 2 weeks? The last time I slept with somebody were about 9 weeks ago. Please help.

The dates are counted from your last period., not from the time of conception.

Posted by: Slippers | 2011-09-01

Hello Tracy
Your doctor will calculate your pregnancy starting from the first day of your last menstrual period. You then ovulate approximately 2 weeks later (which is when you had sex and sperm would have fertilised your egg and you OFFICIALLY got pregnant). So for your first 2 weeks of pregnancy you aren''t actually pregnant at all, but your body is getting ready to ovulate and fall pregnant.
So you are officially 11 weeks pregnant, although the gestational age of the baby is only 9 weeks.
You can tell people you are 11 weeks pregnant though, and congratulations!

Reply to Slippers