Posted by: Mary | 2009-08-26

different creams

Hi there. Is it true that all facial creams do the same job - is it a waste of money to buy expensive facial creams? I am currently 34 years old and try to look after my skin. unfortunately I did not care when I was a child and suffer from freckles and and had a couple of bad sun burns. Is there anything that will help in preventing premature aging?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Mary, thank you for the question.

No it is not true that all facial creams are exactly the same and you certainly do not have to buy expensive creams to achieve the best effects. In my opinion you will get very good value for money with NeoStrata, Environ, Nimue, etc.
Specific ingredients to look out for in topical products to reduce the signs of ageing are as follows:
SPF 50 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide
Glycolic acid (and other alphahydroxy acids) and polyhydroxy acids
Vitamin A or its derivatives Retinol palmitate or acetate
Vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin K