Question
Posted by: Talia | 2012-03-06

difference?

Hi expert thanks for your reply on my bone pain caused by Roaccutane. But could u clarify the different between a rheumatologist, an osteopath and an orthopedic surgeon? I am not sure which one to approach in my particular case. Is it fine to go to any of them i.e there is overlap in the kind of training they have had? Thanks

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Talia
An osteopathi usually a chiropractor (not a mediacl doctor) who helps with bone and joint aches and pains, an orthopaedic surgeon is a doctor who specialises in certain areas e.g. knees, shoulders etc and a rheumatologist is a specialist physician dealing with mostly arthritic and inflammatory diseases of the joints.
Hope this helps.

2
Posted by: agood | 2012-04-27

Chiropracters and Osteopaths are not Medically Qualified
Go to Quackwatch.com

Reply to agood
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2012-03-28

Dear Talia
Hope this helps.

Reply to Healthy Bones