Question
Posted by: Nooi | 2010-10-12

Dietplan?

My father in law is 66 years old. He has been diagnosed with CRF, stomach ulcer and gout. He is also hypertensive.
Could you help me with foods that he can eat with all the medical problems that he has. He is very weak and is so stubborn. The doctor does not want to keep him in hospital. His kidney function is deteriorating daily and he refuses to eat because it causes serious stomach pain.
Please help - he will be living with us once he is realeased from hospital.

Dear Nooi
I am so sorry to hear that your father-in-law is so very ill. Because chronic renal failure (CRF) is such a serious condition that requires a very special diet, it is absolutely essential that you should consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to assess his medical history and present condition to be able to work out an individual diet prescription for your father-in-law. This is not something that I can do for you over the Internet.
Please see a dietitian ASAP.
Holding thumbs for your father-in-law and the family

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-10-13

Dear Nooi
Please see a dietitian ASAP.