Question
Posted by: Janine | 2011/07/05

Dietitians

Please could you help me and tell me what is the average price range of a consultation with a dietitian. I would like to go see a dietitian to get a eating plan to lose weight, what would a consultation like that include (would my body fat percentage be measured, would the dietitian do any tests)?

Basically I don''t want to spend a lot of money, but I do want to get an eating plan that suits my lifestyle.

Dear Janine
It is difficult to give you a price range for dietetic consultations because this can vary from area to area. I would suggest that you phone ADSA (the Association for Dietetics in SA) at: (011) 789-6621 or 789-1383 to obtain an indication of the average price of a consultation. Also ask your medical aid if they pay for dietetic consultations.

1

Dear Janine