Posted by: Annie | 2013-01-31

I realized that I have a huge weight problem and from experience I know I can not do it alone.
I would like to go and see a dietitian to help me.
Please can you advise me how I go about finding the best dietitian in my area, in other words what do I look for?
Secondly would a dietitian example request blood test to see if one has any intolerance to specific foods etc.?
Many thanks!

Dear Annie
For ethical reasons I cannot refer you to see a specific dietitian, but of you visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area, you should be able to determine which dietitians work in your town or city. You can then phone the various practices and determine which dietitian specialises in your field which seems to be overweight and food intolerances. When you consult the dietitian she may ask you to have blood tests done by a medical laboratory to determine food allergies, if this should be necessary. But first identify your dietitian and once you have started your consultation, ask her/him about the various aspects of the treatment.

Posted by: Mookho Maruping | 2013-02-05

i would like to know if i already know my blood type can i get a diet plan according to that or do i still need to see the dietician to check for other stuf as well?
i dont have a huge body but my problem is a big tummy after birth, its been a year and a half now and i cant seem to get rid of the tummy

Reply to Mookho Maruping
Posted by: Annie | 2013-02-01

Thank You very much, this is already a great help

Reply to Annie