Question
Posted by: anon | 2010/04/06

Dieting

My girlfriend has been on and off dieting for a month.She feels weak and has lower back pain and sometimes is naseaus.Can this be caused bu dieting

Dear Dieting
It is difficult to judge if your girlfriend's symptoms are being caused by her diet because you don't mention what kind of a slimming diet she is using. Unbalanced, high-protein, high-fat diets could cause such symptoms. Very-low-energy diets would also make her feel weak and nauseous. However, these symptoms could also be due to an underlying physiological problems such as a urinary tract infection, so I would recommend that your girlfriend should have a medical checkup just to make sure that she is not suffering from any illness that needs treatment.

1

Dear Dieting