Question
Posted by: Jo | 2012-08-22

dietician plan vs weigh-less

I am an obese 33 year old female. I struggle with insulin resistance and has been to see a dietician. She gave me a eating plan and I have been losing weight. I am however just wondering what the difference would be between her plan and something like weigh-less? I''ve seen a weigh-less eating plan and it seems to be a lot more food than what I am allowed, yet the person is loosing weight fairly easily. Would an eating plan form a dietician be more strict? I am just being jealous or is it true?

Dear Jo
If you suffer from insulin resistance then the diet used for Weight Watchers may not be tailored to your condition, whereas the diet prescribed by the dietitian is. Please stop being jealous and stick to what is working for you. All patients with insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes combined with obesity, should consult a registered dietitian and stick to their prescribed low-fat, low-GI diets. Don't mess with something that is working for you!
Take care

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-08-22

Dear Jo
Take care