Question
Posted by: CG | 2011/05/24

Dietician

Hi. Can anyone refer me to a good Dietician in the JHB Southern Suburbs? I was diagnosed with being Insulin Resistant, and I am battling to lose weight. My doc also does not want to prescribe medication, as he says it will go away if I lose weight, but I am struggling. I eat properly and exercise, but no result. I am also taking a supplement for the Insulin Resistance

Dear CG
For ethical reasons I cannot refer you directly to a registered dietitian, but if you visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in the Southern Suburbs of Johannesburg. I agree with your dr that the correct diet (low-fat, low-GI) will assist you with weightloss and improve your blood glucose and insulin levels, so contact a dietitian as soon as possible. Keep up the good work with the exercise, because exercise is also valuable in controlling blood sugar and insulin levels.

1

Dear CG