Question
Posted by: AMANDA | 2010/03/03

Diet to follow after a gastroscopy

Hi Doc,

My female colleague in the past fortnight had a gastoscopy due to bile influx but unfortunately she was not told what to eat or drink or avoid eating or driniking.
Can you help her out then

Kind Regards
Amanda

Dear Amanda
Was your colleague diagnosed with bile reflux or what was the result of this gastroscopy? Has she got gallstones and what medical treatment has been prescribed? I am a bit in the dark about what is wrong with your colleague. If she has gallstones then the dr will advise if she requires surgery or if the stones can be shattered with ultrasound. Basically patients with bile problems should avoid eating high-fat foods. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then do a Search with 'Diet' and Gallbladder Disease' to find an article that gives advice on how to lower fat intake. It will also be prudent to avoid drinking alcohol until she has recovered fully or has had the gallstones removed.

1

Dear Amanda