Question
Posted by: Dilana | 2012/04/19

Diet that everyones talking about

I have hypothyroidism (taking diotroxin), high cholesterol (taking inergy) and are on Dep provera contraceptive. Will the diet that everyones talking about work for me or will it just cause further problems with my weight (BMI 35) or the absorption of my other medications I am taking.

Dear Dilana
I can't recommend 'The diet that everyone is talking about' as it is a high-protein, high-fat, zero- or very-low-carb diet that can cause problems for patients with high cholesterol in particular. Please be sensible and rather consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will assist you with a low-fat, low-cholesterol, high-fibre diet which will not only help you to reduce your cholesterol, but also to lose weight.
Take care

1

Dear Dilana
Take care