Posted by: Giz | 2008-10-31

Diet tablets, flusin, pregnant

I have just found out that I am pregnant today. So I am in my first month of pregnancy (4 weeks or so). I have been taking flusin at night for the past week for a cough and cold. I have been also been taking half a relislim diet tablet in the morning as I have been trying to lose weight. The relislim tablet contains L-norspeudoephedrine and flusin contains pseudoephedrine. I am worried about the effects that these medicines would have had on the fetus. How much is absorbed by the fetus so early in pregnancy? Someone told me nothing is absorbed until about ten weeks of pregnancy when the embryo attaches to the wall of the uteris. Is this true? Should I be worried about this? My gynae appointment is only at the end of November. PLease advise as I am very worried.

The embryo attaches at 4 weeks, so medications do get through to it. Neither of these medications is ideal but, if you stop now, the risks are low.