Question
Posted by: Lily | 2011/11/29

Diet pills - ephedra

I used thinz from around 2002 - 2008. Then I started using Relislim. I was never overweight, it was more for the energy it gave me. But recently I have started to gain a lot of weight, about 6 kg in 3 months, I am still using Relislim (Original), could this be starting to affect my metabolism??

Dear Lily
It is not a good idea to use over-the-counter slimming pills like Thinz to boost your energy. In the long run taking such pills can alter your metabolism and of course also cause addiction. If you are suddenly gaining 2 kg per month, I would recommend that you have a full medical examination and tell the dr that you have been using Relislim for 3 years, preceded by 6 years of using Thinz- a total of 9 years of taking potentially metabolism-altering substances. If you have developed hormonal imbalances such as thyroid, insulin or female hormone imbalances, then the dr will have to prescribe treatment. The healthiest way of boosting your metabolism is to start doing aerobic or cardio exercises (jogging, cycling, skipping, or brisk walking) for at least 30 min a day. This increases blood circulation and helps to control insulin and glucose levels.
So please have that medical exam to exclude underlying physical problems and then wean yourself of the pills and start doing daily exercise.
Take care

1

Dear Lily
Take care