Posted by: Curious | 2008-11-24

Diet pills and the pill

Hi doctor
I' m sure this question' s been asked many times before, but do diet pills counter-effect the contraceptive?
I am on triphasil, and would like to take something like herbex slimmers to help with metabolism etc, I am 27 and finding that my body does not respond to previously successful eating and exercising methods to lose weight.
Is there any factual evidence to the myth that diet pills are like antibiotics when it comes to the contraceptive pill?
Your advice in this regard would be appreciated.

Most diet pills have not been tested against the injection, so the effects are not known.

Posted by: mom24 | 2008-11-24

i don' t think it will make a huge difference. especially cos herbex is herbal. That' s just my take on it.

Reply to mom24