Question
Posted by: Portia | 2010/07/29

Diet pills &  trying to conceive

I''ve been struggling to conceive for the past couple of years now. My husband and i did all the necessary tests - i was told that my left fallopian tube is damaged for life, my husband was told that 80% of his sperm is abdormal but we still had a chance to conceive regardless. I''ve since had a few procedures done to increase my chances of conceiving but to no avail , ive done artificial insemination, ive had a laparoscopy done, D& C, Cysectomy, ive taken fertomid, etc. Slowly but surely im starting to lose hope. Ive decided to stop trying and try to focus my energies on something else. I have''nt lost hope entirely though, i still pray that maybe someday it''ll happen unexpectadly. In the interim, ive gained a few pounds, so, ive decided to take diet pills (Ciplatrim). A friend of mine told me that diet pills makes one fertile. Is this a fact ? If not, am i somehow decreasing my chances of conceiving?

The diet pills will not make you fertile. It sounds like your next option is IVF.

2
Posted by: Sophia | 2010/08/01

A healthy diet of with lots of fresh and raw foods, limited toxins (incl meds), regular exercise and regular de-stressing worked for us. Sounds like you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself at once? Trying to get pregnant and dieting with medication? I just forgot all the other stuff and tried to get as happy and healthy as possible!

Reply to Sophia