Question
Posted by: rufaro | 2011/01/22

diet pills

Is it safe to take diet pills if you have hypothyroidism and you are on thyroid hormones.

Dear Rufaro
I am not in favour of the use of over-the-counter diet pills because they can cause negative side-effects and often don't help for weightloss. Check out the DietDoc Topic which should be published on the Diet site this week for more info on this subject. If you take prescription slimming pills such as Ciplatrim or Xenical then the prescribing dr will advise if you can take these medications with thyroid hormone replacement therapy.

1

Dear Rufaro