Question
Posted by: Zelda Dlamini | 2010/09/05

Diet Pills

I have had an operation on my shoulder.I fear that with out a little assistance from diet pills, I will loose my muscles and gain weight.
Which diet products can be trusted?
Are there any other alternatives such as workouts during my recovery?

Dear Zelda
I am sorry to hear that you have had a shoulder op because I know that these ops are very painful and the rehabilitation period takes a long time. I am personally opposed to all these over-the-counter diet pills and potions because they all cost money, contain ingredients that can be potentially harmful and most of them don't do their job! See last week's DietDoc Topic. I would recommend that you reduce your energy intake during your recovery period by eating less fat. You can try eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet. If you are able and if the surgeon gives permission, you can perhaps do brisk walking every day to maintain your fitness and muscle tone. I found that I was still able to do walking even while my arm was in a sling.
Holding thumbs that you recover speedily and completely.

1

Dear Zelda