Question
Posted by: banny | 2009/07/10

diet - Hot/warm water

Hi doc
What does hot/warm water do to the body. I know of a few people that has been drinking +- 8 glasses of hot/warm water a day and losing weight without dieting or eating healthy.

Banny

Eight glasses of water overall (hot or cold) is very good for your health. It hydrates the body and suppresses the appetite. Cold water will essentially allevate your metabolism and this will also cause weight loss. Unfortunately, I do not know why hot/warm water will cause a more rapid weight loss. Maybe it will give an increased sense of fullness and thus suppressing the appetite.