Question
Posted by: Son | 2010/09/17

Diet Group

Hi we are a few lady friends that have decided to "  diet"  . Once a week we will get together and weigh ourself and that our cm. One of the ladies suggest that we gave R100 every month to the winner. My question??? How will you work out who is the winner you can''''t compare 100 kg lady with 65 kg lady. How will I work out the kg as well as the cm. Any Ideas???. Thanks

Dear Son
What a super idea. Research has shown that people who diet together and give each other moral and psychological support get better results. I see your problem about trying to compare who has lost most in a month to award the R100 prize. You could use the percentage of weight or cm lost as a criterion. In other words, let's say one lady weighs 100 kg at the start of the month and loses 4 kg, which would be a good loss of 1 kg per week, then her percentage weightloss would equal 4/100 x 100 = 4%. Compare this to a lady who weighs 65 kg and also loses 4 kg = 4/65 x 100 = 6.2%. So the 2nd lady has lost a higher percentage of weight and wins the prize!
Wishing you all the best with the diet group.

1

Dear Son