Question
Posted by: claudette claassen | 2011-02-21

diet for ten year old boy

We need to get a balanced diet for my son he is ten yeats old and weigh 66kg he is 1.5cm tall.

Dear Claudette
I presume your son is 1.5 m and not 1.5cm tall? if so, he has a BMI = 29,3 which is very, very high and puts him into the obese category. As mentioned just now in regard to your husband's health, I would urge you to also take your son to see the dietitian because he needs a diet that not only helps him to lose weight, but also still supports normal growth. Physical activity is vital to assist young children to lose weight. Encourage him to be as active as possible, either by taking part in a sport, or joining an organisation like Walk for Life.
I do hope that you will take both your son and hubby to see a dietitian.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-02-21

Dear Claudette