Posted by: Imran Khan | 2012-11-21

Diet For Hepatitis C Patient

Mam, Kindley tell me the diet of hepatitis C Patient who want to gain weight,,,,, my SGPT is normal and PCR is alo in my favour now, but i m not gaining weight,,, Plzz tell me favourable diet to gain weight.

Dear Imran
Although I can describe the basic principles of a hepatitis-diet for you, I cannot prescribe an individual diet for such a serious condition over the Internet. You need to consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), so that the dietitian can compile an individual diet for you which takes all your individual parameters and treatments into account. Basically a diet for patients with any type of hepatitis, must protect the liver and thus be low-fat, free of toxins and contaminants and rich in protective nutrients.
Please contact a registered dietitian as soon as possible.