Question
Posted by: CP MOM | 2008-11-06

Diet for Hepatitis A

Im lekker sick...eish

As far as I can read on the net I just have to stay away from rich, buttery food, sauces. Any other suggestions?
Im nauseus the whole time so I dont each much other than toast.

Any suggestions please.

CP Mom

Dear CP Mom
I am so sorry to hear that you have Hepatitis A, which is such an unpleasant condition. You are correct that you need to avoid all fatty foods, so click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then do a Search using the terms "Diet and Gallbladder Disease” to read up on low-fat diets that can help you lower your fat intake. You also need to increase your water intake moderately (have 4 cups of Game diluted 2x more than specified on the package and use ice cold water to lessen the nausea) and to eat foods that contain protective nutrients like fruit and vegetables, fat-free milk and yoghurt and white fish (stick to grilling or steaming). Discuss the use of products like Pro-Hep or Essentiale with the dr who is treating you hepatitis as these products help the liver to cope.
I hope you recover soon