Question
Posted by: Pastor Israel | 2012/12/03

Diet For Diabetes

Please my brother is having diabetes I wont to know food to be taking Thanks

Dear Pastor Israel
I am sorry to hear that your brother has diabetes. It is essential for anyone with insulin resistance or diabetes to consult a registered dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take your brother's diabetes, medications and other conditions such as possible overweight, into account when working out a diet for him, which will be based on low-fat foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes’. Your brother should also ask his doctor what type of exercise he is allowed to do and get more active, e.g. he can start going for brisk walks for about 30 min every day, BUT only if his doctor gives permission.

2
Posted by: kathy | 2012/12/09

I hav done all of the above that u advised, the dietician diet did not help me, I also realised that no two diabetics are the same, I cannot touch carbs or fruit is like poison to me, I dropped my ins. That the specialist insist on 14 to a mere 4 and actually I am better with the exception of migraines and not losing weight, but seeing I am insm resistent, why am I taking it?

Reply to kathy
Posted by: kathy | 2012/12/09

Reply to kathy