Question
Posted by: Worried Mom | 2012/09/05

Diet for 2yr old.

Hi Doctor,

My 2yr old son eats well and does not fall sick frequently.
Inspite of eating properly he looks skinny. Doctors say that he is fine. I give him balanced diet. Please advise what should I feed him so that he puts on weight.

Thanks.

Dear Worried Mom
If your 2-year-old son eats well, and does not fall sick frequently, then there is no reason why you need worry if he is a slender child. The average height and weight for 2-year-olds is approx. 76 cm and 10 kg. It is not necessary for young children to take in excessive amounts of food as this can lead to weight gain and childhood obesity. Rather allow your son to eat his balanced diet and don't interfere with a healthy child's eating habits.

2
Posted by: Worried mom | 2012/09/06

Appreciate your advise. Thank you

Reply to Worried mom

Dear Worried Mom