Posted by: Trent | 2009-01-14

Diet Drinks

I' ve decided to drink less/no Coke, due to the high sugar content.
But diet drinks apparently contain dangerous substances.

What else can I mix my beloved brandy with, that is safe, and low in sugar ( and hopefulle tastes nice )?

Dear Trent
If you are cutting down on sugar (16 kJ per gram) instead of your brandy (alcohol contains 29 kJ per gram), then you can see which one is going to save you more kJs! Artificial sweeteners have been pronounced safe by most of the major health authorities throughout the world, so you can use them instead of sugar-sweetened cold drinks. As regards the taste, that is something that you will have to experiment with.
Hope you find a happy medium

Posted by: Dog-Tired | 2009-01-15

Trent, I' ve been struggeling with your question for almost a year now. I find that Brandy (my love) and Sprite Zero are not that bad at all. I also take it with Sodawater. Please be advised that NOTHING will EVER tastes as good as Coke. The above options are an acquired taste, force it down, until you like it.

Reply to Dog-Tired
Posted by: Brandy | 2009-01-15

Only put ice in. One get use to the taste!
Take it slowly. It is soooooo gooood!

Else, give me a call and I will join you!!!!

Warning: You get drunk very easy, taking it clean.

Reply to Brandy