Question
Posted by: masha | 2012-11-07

diet change

I have an abnormal diet I am 20 and weigh 52kg. My diet varies on my mood, I may eat 4 times to once a day. Recently I had diarrhea which managed to go after 3 days and now I suffer from bloating and I tend to crave food but when I have to eat them I don''t. Now I just eat once a day if not at all

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Masha,
I wish I had more information about your situation. I do not know your height, so it is difficult for me to determine whether you are at a healthy weight or not. However, you have made it quite clear that you see yourself eating in response to your mood. I want to suggest a couple of things. First, I suggest you get onto a regular meal plan of eating three meals and three snacks a day. Then I suggest you keep a record of your eating in a food diary, noting how you feel when you are eating, and what feelings might prompt you to binge or overeat, or what prompts you to avoid meals. Are you trying to lose weight or gain weight, or are you happy if you are at a normal weight. What are the difficult feelings you experience the most? And what might they be trying to tell you to change?
This would be a good start. Try it out.
Regards,
Graham