Question
Posted by: Anton | 2010/05/29

Diet after Gallbladder Surgery

Hi. I need advice with my new future diet and lifestyle. I''m a male of 26 years and had my gallbladder removed 7 days ago. I had multiple gallstones and 1 large obstructive that was removed.

I need info regarding my new diet and lifestyle?
What can I eat, and what not?
Which supplements will I need to take?

Thanks in advance.

Dear Anton
I am sorry to hear that you had to have an operation to have your gallbladder and stones removed. Your liver will continue to produce gall and secrete this digestive compound into your intestines to help you digest fats. You may find that you cannot eat very fatty foods. To read more about low-fat diets click on 'Diet'n Food' at the top of this page and then do a Search with 'Diet' and Gallbladder Disease' to find an article that gives advice on how to lower fat intake. It will also be prudent to avoid drinking alcohol until you have recovered fully. It should not be necessary to take any supplements if you eat a balanced, low-fat diet.

1

Dear Anton