Posted by: Dori | 2009-02-17

Diet after gallbladder removal

Please can you assist with a diet after ones gallbladder has been removed. It has been a year since my mothers operation and she can bearly eat anything withoug becoming sick. Thank you!

Dear Dori
If your dear Mother is still feeling sick all the time after having had her gallbladder removed, then it is essential for her to return to the surgeon who did the operation for a follow-up examination. There could be a problem with the op or she may have developed another condition such as ulcers or irritable bowel syndrome. Encourage her to seek medical assistance. In the meanwhile click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'General" and read the article "Diet and gallbladder disease' for tips on what your Mom can eat.
I hope you can get to the bottom of this problem.

what can she eat after surgery gallbladder