Question
Posted by: Gemini | 2012/01/31

Diet

I am a 35 year old female and need to lose about 7kg, I am currently under a doctors supervision with a diet consisting of 800cal per day. I also train 3 x per week. He also injects Vit B12 for energy. DO you think I will lose weight?

Dear Gemini
Yes, I think you will lose weight because you are on a very-low-energy diet and are doing exercise. The general recommendation is that adult women should reduce their energy intake down to 1500 kcal/day - your regimen only includes 800 kcal/day, so if you find that you are feeling weak and wobbly, make sure that you increase your energy intake moderately. Too few kcal are also not good!

1

Dear Gemini