Question
Posted by: beppie | 2011/12/02

diet

Dr please assist me in the matter of change of life style.
I can not afford a diet plan or pils so i did deside to chage my life style and the food i eat daily.
I start with 1 slice of low gi and linseed bread with 2 eggs, no margarine or oil.
about 9hoo i will eat 5 grapes, 5 strawberries and a yougurt, at 1hoo i will eat salad with ham, fetta cheese/cheddar cheese or i will drink a protein milk shake it depends at knight i wil eat what my family eat but will only eat mash no other starch like rice in the week, On weekend i will eat some pasta dishes but will half all my scoups with half than wat i normaly eat. I will also not cook my family food with extra sugar or margarine, the old english fashion style of cook. no meat will be fried with oil or margarine only spray and cook.
My bad is coffee about, 4 - 5 cups a day with about 1 teespoon of milk, and also tea and tab with about 1 lt of water.
My question is is this good enough for a life style change. I do feel better and refuse to weight myself but my clothes feel a bit better. can you assist me in this one please.

Dear Beppie
From what you describe your proposed diet is perfectly reasonable and should lead to weightloss. Make sure that you use low-fat or fat-free yoghurt and milk and have a bit more than 1 teaspoon in your coffee and tea, so that you have 3 servings of milk or dairy a day to provide you with the 1200 mg of calcium you need for healthy bones and to avoid osteoporosis in later life. You can actually eat other starches like sweet potatoes, rice and pasta (1 serving - 1/2 cup), just don't use butter, margarine, oil, mayonnaise, sour cream or fatty dressings with the starches. Once you start losing weight you can also add 30 min of exercise like going for a walk in the fresh air to your regimen. Walking is excellent for health, it strengthens the skeleton, helps with weightloss and improves the circulation.
Wishing you all the best with this lifestyle change

1

Dear Beppie