Question
Posted by: MICHELLE | 2010-01-11

DIET

I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT CITRAX, IS IT POSSIBLE TO LOOSE 50KG IN 6 MONTHS WITH THIS CITRAX?

Dear Michelle
From what I can gather on the Internet, Citrax is an over-the-counter slimming product that contains an "extract of citrus fruits" which is probably so-called Citrus Aurantium or Bitter Orange Extract which contains a compound called synephrine. Synephrine is similar to epinephrine which is used in pharmacological slimming pills to suppress the appetite, increase energy and "lift" the mood. Unfortunately synephrine can cause many negative side-effects such as nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, problems with urination, high blood pressure, rapid and irregular heart beat, heart arrhythmias, angina pain, palpitations, and even heart arrest, fear, anxiety, restlessness, insomnia, dizziness, faintness, flushing, tremor, muscle weakness, headache, irritability, psychotic states and most serious of all, addiction. Products that contain synephrine or epinephrine should not be used during pregnancy, breastfeeding, in patients with high bp, hyperthyroidism, diabetes, heart disease, prostate enlargement, children or teenagers. The appetite suppressant effect wears off with time, requiring larger doses and increasing the risk of addiction. So I would not recommend the use of any slimming product that contains synephrine or epinephrine. The claim that users will lose up to 50 kg in 6 months is highly unlikely and the descriptions of what the product is supposed to do (attack fat cells, etc) is advertising hype. The product will probably initially suppress the appetite and reduce food intake which may lead to some weightloss, but in view of all the hazards associated with this compound, it is not worth the risk. Rather use a balanced, low-fat, high-fibre diet to reduce your energy intake and increase your energy output with exercise to lose weight safely and sensibly.Best regards

3
Posted by: LB | 2010-03-02

citrax does not work i am on it for 3 week have not lost 1 kg yet

Reply to LB
Posted by: Jacomien | 2010-01-11

Hi Michelle
I would also like an aswer to this question. I am desperate to lose weight aswell.

Reply to Jacomien
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-01-11

Dear Michelle