Posted by: Eruka Mackenzie | 2009-08-20

My Husband had 3 hart attacs and 1 stroke, is has hight blood pressure and peptic ulcur. He is 50kg over weiht can you please assisst me with a diet for him please.

Dear Eruka
I am so sorry to hear that your dear husband has suffered such bad health. Because he has such a complex medical history, I would urge you most strongly to consult a clinical dietitian because he needs to have an individual diet worked out for his conditions, which is not something that I can do for you over the Internet. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. In the meanwhile you may find some of the articles on this Website useful. Click on 'Diet' and 'You are what you eat' and read the 'Healthy Heart' section. You can also click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Food as medicine' and 'Hypertension' and read about the DASH Diet which was developed in the USA to lower blood pressure. This diet is low in fat and sodium which will respectively assist with weightloss and lower bp.
Wishing you and your husband all the best.