Posted by: Summer | 2009-08-04

I have a problem. I took the quiz on this site to see if i am eating too much fat and it said im not eating enough fat and then lectured me about all the benefits of fat.

My problem is that while i am eating healthy im not loosing weight.

I dont eat very much (so maybe this is the problemas i generally only eat once or twice per day) and i dont eat Animals (Only fish - which strangely enough i dont see as being an animal??!) but i do eat animal products (milk, feta and cottage cheese). i also dont exercise (am going to start jogging today).

I think my only vice is still eating white bread and drinking too much coffee with sugar.

I had a few blood tests last week and was told my iron level is fine and my cholesterol level is excellent, but my BMI is 24 - 25, so obviously i have some weight to loose

What should i do?

Dear Summer
If you are a vegetarian eating dairy products and fish, then you should not actually have any nutritional problems. A BMI of 24-25 is still within the normal range, but it may be a good idea to try and reduce your BMI to about 22-23. This you can achieve by switching over from white bread to Best of Both (white bread that has all the positive properties of brown bread) or low-GI bread and reducing your intake of sugars, sweets, etc. Also decrease your portions slightly and eat more regular meals because research indicates that people who skip meals then tend to overeat at the next meal. The fact that you are going to start jogging is excellent. Start carefully so as not to strain yourself and then increase how fast, long and far you jog as you get fitter. This should also contribute to weightloss.