I’ ve started dieting a year ago, but I don’ t know how to stop. I’ m already 4 kg underweight and everyone is telling me how bad I look. I hardly buy any food. When I shop I only see the things I’ m not supposed to eat. I want to gain some weight, but instead I keep on loosing. I’ ve lost 20 kg in total.

Dear Reader
While I am pleased for your sake that you have managed to lose 20 kg, the fact that you are now 'trapped' in an endless dieting cycle and fear buying or eating food which is pushing you towards anorexia, is a problem. Please see a clinical psychologist so that you can explore why you can't break the rigid habit of dieting and return to a normal maintenance diet. It may also be a good idea to have a medical checkup because if your dieting for a year has caused deficiencies, then this could be suppressing your appetite. In this case you may need supplements such as multivitamins, iron, etc to get your body back to its normal metabolism.
Go for expert assistance before you develop full-blown anorexia.