Question
Posted by: Sikie | 2009-03-13

diet

I need a diet plan that really works. My weight is 113kg and I need to lose 43kg. Please hellp.

Dear Sikie
43 kg is a lot of weight to lose. I would recommend that you discuss this with your gp and ask him/her about Xenical. Xenical can help you to start losing weight. It is used together with a very-low-fat diet which will reduce your energy intake and promote weightloss. Also consider consulting a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to help you with this task. If you find that you are not losing weight with these regimens then I would recommend that you contact the Bariatric Centres of Excellence in regard to having a gastric bypass to assist weightloss. You can contact Jana Derksen at the Call Centre for the Netcare Bariatric Centres of Excellence on 0861-623-7489 or contact her at: jana@pharmacallcc.com or call her on her cell phone at: 072-373-0155 or visit their Website at www.netcare.co.za to discuss this option if you have a great deal of weight to lose. As you start losing weight and get more mobile, include 30 min of exercise each day - for example, going for walks. Increase how fast and far you walk as you get fitter. Exercise is excellent for promoting weightloss.