Question
Posted by: V | 2008/10/22

Diet

I just want to know the best diet to go on thta will help me loose weight and help me fall pregnant. I' m slightly PCOS, and i have a spastic colon. Any tips on what i should do. I' m taking a Anti natal vitamin, and Omega 3 &  6 daily.

Dear V
Because you suffer from PCOS and are overweight, you probably also have insulin resistance (IR). It is essential for anyone with IR to consult a clinical dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take your IR, medications and other conditions such as overweight and the spastic colon, into account when working out a diet for you, which will be based on foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes’. Regular daily aerobic exercise for at least 30 min per day can also help you to improve your insulin and glucose levels, so start doing an aerobic exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).
Hope you fall pregnant soon

1
Posted by: Suzie | 2009/03/29

I would like to know what else not to eat after the last item on your list, spicy foods, please? It seems to me that my stomach is also sensitive to advocado pear?

Reply to Suzie