Question
Posted by: amanda | 2010-07-28

dieet to help iron loss ?

I have an iron defisiency and need a dieet to help me with this prob lem

Dear Amanda
The following foods are rich sources of highly available iron: liver, red meat, fish, poultry, egg yolk, iron-fortified breakfast cereals, maize meal and wheat bread, and dried fruit like raisins. I trust that the doctor has also prescribed an iron-folic acid supplement like Ferro-folate? If not, discuss this with the dr. Have a glass of orange juice which is rich in vit C with your iron-fortified breakfast cereal in the morning because the vit C helps the iron to be absorbed.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-07-28

Dear Amanda