Question
Posted by: Agnesia Maitland | 2010/10/06

Dieet Plan

Good day

I have a heart condition and are exaclty 26.5 kg overweight, use to be 92kg but lost a bit by eating more salads trying to eat 3 meals a day and drinking lots of water. But I need some advise and maybe a diet plan to loose the rest. I can not afford to go and see someone no medical and no money.

Please any help will do?

Dear Agnesia
Because of your heart condition I am hesitant to recommend the use of any of the diets on this Website, except perhaps the DASH Diet. Click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page and then on 'Food as medicine' and 'Hypertension' and read about the DASH Diet which was developed in the USA to lower bp. This diet is low in fat and sodium which will respectively assist with weightloss and lower your bp. However if at all possible you should be advised by a registered dietitian and should have an individual diet prescription worked out which takes your heart condition into account. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. This would be the sensible thing to do. In some cities you may be able to contact your local government hospital and ask if they have a weightloss clinic run by a dietitian. Such a visit will probably not cost much and you would at least be assessed by a dietitian.
Take care

1

Dear Agnesia
Take care