Question
Posted by: Racoon | 2011/03/01

Did I waste/lose 5 years?

I am finally off all ADs after 5 years, and it is WONDERFUL! Coping perfectly. Only thing is that I now have my motivation and drive back, and it is a stark contrast to how things were the past 5 years on Zoloft and fluoxetine. I struggled almost every day to get things done, and now I have the motivation and energy to do it, even though I am dreadfully sleepdeprived due to my babies. I feel as though I lost 5 years of my life? is this what ADs do??

Firstly, congratulations on doing so well. You so deserve it !
Now, if ADs did this every time, in everyone ( the loss of motivation, etc ) they would probably be much less used. But I do know that some people do complain of such an effect. Feeling less depressed, but not yet energetic and more content to sit than get up and do something useful.
As we are at long last starting to see the arrival of some newer ADs which actually act differently, on different brain chemicals, it will be interesting to see if they lack these effects.

6
Posted by: Purple | 2011/03/02

Hi Racoon,

Glad you are feeling better. That is great news. The pills probably did do their job but like the cilift for me just made you have no emotion at all.

I''m pregnant at the moment so have been advised to stay on the cipralex for the pregnancy and at least a year afterwards and then I''ll wean off and we''ll assess again. I feel so good on them though that I''m happy just to stay on them. I hope that one day I do feel as good as you do without them though.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Racoon | 2011/03/02

Hi Purple

Well, I guess S& G has a point when he/she said that at least I am alive. I am AMAZED at how good I feel now though! guess my serotonin is back normal all by itself.

Hope the same happens for you too and soonest.

Reply to Racoon
Posted by: Racoon | 2011/03/02

Oh dear Shits &  Giggles, not much hope for you. You should try some ADs as you clearly need a little less motivation to write such nonsense.

Reply to Racoon
Posted by: Purple | 2011/03/02

I found that cilift did that to me - I actually felt worse on the AD''s than off them. I''m now on cipralex and I feel energetic and normal on it. I think its the type you are on that makes a difference.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Shits& Giggles | 2011/03/01

Ok, your still alive so the AD must have done something. Although you are probably seriously brain damaged after that ordeal dont worry too much about it, most of the leaders of this fine world are well off their little rockets and well beyond any hope of recovery from their brain damage.

My only question for you is, why post here and ask a question that you can clearly answer yourself, I mean you mentioned you had babies, thats a good thing right? So theres lots of wonder ahead of you, right?

Also why are you so concerned about wasting 5 years? Lets look at it from a different perspective, imagine you had another mother who aborted you. Hey imagine you were born a little boy called Timmy and you got aborted! Little Timmy isnt coming to school today or ever he got aborted. Yes little Timmy didnt even get the chance to make it out between his mothers legs!
See what I am getting at? Your blessed or lucky to be alive! Enjoy it!

Reply to Shits&amp Giggles