Question

Did I have a miscarriage?

I have been switching between contraceptives because Microval & Nordette made me spot for 2 months each.

I gave up with the pill as I have small children and do forget to take them anyway, so now I am on the depo proveria (3 month) I started it on the 7th May 2008.
I have been experiencing back ache for about 1.5 month. (before depo)
It seemed to be working nicely until the pain in my lower back moved around to my lower abdoman. It felt like sever period pains. It was so sore that I was shacking. I eventually took some painkilers and it settled a bit. Now I have had 2 children so I kinda know what pain is about.

I started to bleed 1 day after the pains began and on the 2nd day a whitish membrane came down the size of my palm. Does this mean that I miscarried? Did taking the depo have anything to do with the miscarriage if indeed it was one. I am no longer menstrating. It was just for 3 or 4 days.

Also after I had my 2nd daughter 1 year ago, it was incredibly painful to pass urine. It seemed to get better. But more than not it hurts still now. I have been to my GP for urine tests twice and they have been clear both times. Could this be an infection other than bladder? If so is it sexually transmitted? What could the cause be?

Thanks Doc, sorry about the long letter

If you were no contraception before the Depo, then you could have fallen pregnant and miscarried. It is difficult to say without a pregnancy test and an examinaiton. Depo would not cause a miscarriage.
There may be a bladder problem other than an infection causing the pain. You would have to see a urologist to assess this.

1
Posted by: Dee GTC | 2008/05/30

The pregnancy hormone is probably still in your system so why dont you take a preg test and then you will know if you did have a m/c or not.

Reply to Dee GTC