Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/23

Diciplinary Hearing

Hi, Just a short discription of what is happening: I deal with the petty cash box and ' n lady brought me a signed requisition &  I gave her the money. The amount came to more than the requisition and I changed the requisition to the correct amount, but informed her to have it authorised again before I pay out any additional amounts. I am now being called before a hearing for fraud. What can I do about this?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: DISCIPLINARY HEARING

It is important to know whether in fact the lady had the changed amount authorised before you paid her out. If it was not authorised and then you paid out you need to accept a warning for what was done wrong.

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/30

I work at shop. I had a baby 5 months ago and have been back at work for 2 months. We were told we had to work 1 full Saturday a month. But it was supposed to be voluntary. Before that we used to work 2 morning Saturdays a month. Now that I am back at work I have found it difficult as my husband works on some Saturday as he is self employed and cant always look after our baby. We have never received anything in writing or signed anything in connection with working the Saturday. I have explained this to my manager that I cant work a full Saturday. He said I have no choice! Can he force me to work the full Saturday or should I take it further?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/24

Hello what happened is I drive a company car which last friday it had clutch problems ,I couldnt go to work for three days .My boss is telling me to sign a leave form for the three days and also bcos the problem in the car was caused by my bad driving I will pay for the repairs to the car amounting to R6900.Is this legal?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/24

I have had the hearing and am awaiting the outcome - please see below:

I have just come out of a diciplinary hearing where I am being accused of Fraud/ gross negligence, and I desperately need your help. I work in the accounts department and were in charge of the petty cash box. I received a signed requisition for R700 and gave out the cash. I then received another requisition for R500 but the person told me not to give out the money as they will pay out of their own pocket and get refunded by me after all the slips were handed in. After a couple of days, the person brought all the slips and they came to R1494. I then told the person to go and get the R1494 authorised again as it is a lot more than the signed requisitions. She then replied that she would not get more than R1400, so I changed the R700 requisition to R900 and told her to get it approved by the manager before I give out the money. I was then called for a diciplinary hearing because I changed the requisition from R700 to R900 although I had only given out the R700 cash to date. Please let me know what my rights are as I am awaiting the outcome of this hearing.