Question
Posted by: minks | 2010/05/28

Diarrohea

This is a strange one i have been working hard to eat healthier and loose the last kg since about January. I would not describe my current eating plan and extremely healhty its just less portions but i could def do with more veg but i try with fruit and of course i keep it low gi as far as possible. Weekends i generally allow myself treats of cakes etc not too much though and i will have a cheese burger if i cant have a healhtier option BUT now i notice everytime i do this i have a once off bout of diarrohea within 24 hrs of eating off the rail? what could this mean, i am not really complaining because after the loose stool i feel like i have rid my body of the bad foods. I def dont take laxatives so i am wonderin what is my body tellin me? is it good or a sign of sumthin serious? Maybe my body hates the oily foods now? It happens esp if my portion sizes was bigger than what i am trying to make them to loose weight, it all just comes out. I am not gaining weight but i rather stay the same and then loose only when i go bak to my healhtier options.

Pls advise if this is a common occurence.

Dear Minks
It is possible that the very high fat content of the 'forbidden foods' you eat over the weekends, cause the diarrhoea because fats do have a lubricating effect on the gut. Anyone who goes on a close to fat-free diet may well experience constipation and have to add 1-2 teaspoons of a healthy oil to their diet to rectify the problem. Another possibility it that you are intolerant to one of the foods you eat over weekends. If you don't suffer from diarrhoea when you eat your normal diet then this is probably not serious.
Keep up the healthy options!

1

Dear Minks
Keep up the healthy options!