Question
Posted by: Leesa | 2011/04/07

Diarrhoea and periods

Is there anything I can do to stop from getting diarrhoea the week before my periods? I have it for at least 5 days before my period starts and sometimes continues till the 2nd day. I''''ve tried taking probiotics for the whole month but it makes no difference.

Leesa

I suggest that you consult your doctor for a stool MC&S (analysis) and possible blood tests to find the cause for the diarrhoea. Medication to stop diarrhoea, for instance Imodium can help when it is quite severe but chronic use can cause constipation.