Question
Posted by: Celia | 2010-09-27

Diarrhea, sweats, cramps

Dear Doc,
After eating a very healthy meal the prevoius night, I had terrible diarrhea the next morning accompanied by the following symptoms: nausea, stomach cramps, pain on the lower part of stomach, hot flushes (with a general warm feeling inside my body), smelly breath, swollen insides of my mounth, bloated and tender abdomen and a general sick feeling. These symptoms last on and off in varying degrees until I had antibiotics and cortisone . The diarrhea, nausea and cramps stopped, but I experienced the rest of the symptoms (especially bloatedness,hot flushes and bad breath) for a week now. It seems that these symptoms get worse after certain meals (was on holiday the week and ate snacks, cheese, biscuits) but not when I eat protein like egss, meat, however I''m not sure about this. Please help! Many thanks

Hallo Celia
You may have had a gastrointestinal infection. Try taking probiotics three times a day (something like Probiflora) and see if it improves. If not, you should maybe ask your doctor to send a stool sample to the lab. One can sometimes pick up parasites like Gardia from lettuce or spinach that can cause persistant stomach symptoms and that needs very specific treatment.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-09-27

Hallo Celia