Posted by: Tracy | 2009-05-19

Diaphram spasm

Firstly, please excuse my spelling. I had my gallbladder removed about 4 weeks ago, and they noted a hyatis hernia during a scope (but not large enough to be concerned). Ive since started waking up in the morning with my diaphram in such a spasm that I can bearly breath from the pain but it does go away after about +-15 min. Could it be stomach related and what can I do to stop it. Do I need to go back to my surgeon?

Dear Tracy
You should contact the surgeon ASAP and preferably have him check what is going on with your diaphragm, as this type of reaction should not occur if nothing was done to this part of your digestive tract.
So phone the surgeon immediately for a checkup.
I hope he/she can pinpoint what is causing this distressing symptom and alleviate it for you.