Question
Posted by: Lyla | 2011/01/26

Diaphragm question

Hi GynaeDoc

I can''t go on hormones to prevent pregnancy, so i was wondering about the diaphragm. I''ve heard they have to be individually fitted. Does one go to a gynecologist for this? What happens during that visit?

Thanks, i appreciate your advice!
L

Diaphragms are not easily availablae in SA, so the firts thing would be to see if you can obtain one. The visit would just involve explaining to you how to insert it yourself. The other option is an IUCD.

2

Posted by: t.t | 2011/01/27

My fiance and i just visited the gynae to do an annual check up and decided to get the loop/diaphragm in for her...
You can get it put in at the gynae and it takes a few minutes but could be a little uncomferatable apparently... My fiance opted for the anaesthesia option as she was getting some other stuff done. Good luck

Reply to t.t